Thursday, 13 October 2011

Messenger Bag Made

Thanks to Larissa at MMMCrafts for her wonderful messenger bag pattern! I made it today, and am very happy with how it turned out! I made a couple of adaptions to Larissa's instructions & will let you know where.

So, this is the motif I made for the bag's front.....



And this is the bag....

Back view - you can see the outside pocket. If I made another bag, I would divide the outside pocket like Larissa said to do for the inside one. It would not gape at all, which it does now (a little).



Inside, there is a 2nd pocket which is very useful.

Larissa said to stitch the flap on the outside of the bag, but I did not fancy this, so I rather added the flap (& strap ends) between the layers, stitched the lining to the main bag all the way around, leaving a gap down one side of the lining to turn the lining back into the bag. Then I pushed the lining through that gap & stitched the gap up. Also, I made the strap adjustable by using D-Rings on each side to attach the strap & a slider on the strap. Now the strap can be shortened to wear on the shoulder as well.

I loved this pattern & the proportions are great!

Go on... give it a try - this is a really easy pattern & it works very well.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the kind words, and so glad you could use the tutorial! have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, what are you doing online at 6:30am??? ;)

    ReplyDelete