Tuesday, 1 November 2011

No Pattern Required

Every now & again I get asked to make something I have never though to make before (& may never get asked to again). This time it was a chef's hat for my dear friend ChefInBerlin (don't you just love her logo?!).

Here is the inspiration for the item...



Working with a great product from Vlieseline called Decovil I that when ironed onto fabric makes it handle like leather - it is stiff enough for those lovely stiff little handbags you have seen - like Amy Butler's Chelsea Bag


Anyway... it worked well & ChefInBerlin is happy.
Here is my very patient husband modeling it :)




It took a bit of fiddling & trial & error... but proof that you can make anything yourself & you don't always need a pattern to do it!

Happy stitching!!


....had to add the Sous Chef in the hat....




No comments:

Post a Comment