Sunday, 11 December 2011

Xmas Gifts....

I have just completed an order for a cushion for a 14 year old girl who attends the Nelson Mandela School here in Berlin. The order was placed by one of my subscribers for her god-daughter for Christmas (she had seen the fabric in an earlier post). It is the kind of order I really love doing as the only specifications given were that it was to include the Mandela fabric & her name. Oh joy... free reign!!

As the fabric is red & white, I knew my colour palette. I found a red & white bandana in a store & knew what I wanted to do...


I added wadding behind the bandana & quilted around some of the paisley designs making them puff up.
Mandela can be seen in two of the corners, and the logo from Da Gama Textiles (SA's main producer of ShweShwe fabrics) in the other two.


I am very happy with how it worked out, hope the customer is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment