Sunday, 1 January 2012

Teddy Bears Picnic

Happy New Year All!
May 2012 be a stitching success :)

I bought a wonderful craft magazine while in the UK a few weeks back - Mollie Makes. It is the best craft magazine I have ever bought as it has the same focus I have! (I generally find craft magazines have too much paper craft & not enough fabric craft - I am not a scrapbooker!). Also, it follows through! Not just fresh, great ideas, with beautiful photos, but easy to work patterns to go with them!
The paper it is printed on is nice, eco friendly and not too shiny - always happy when pages do not squeak!! And you can go online to get all the templates so there is no need to chop up the magazine. Even the adverts are wonderful. They are so well integrated into the magazine, and fit so well, they are a pleasure to see, rather than the usual irritation. I have done quite a bit of online shopping as a result!

Anyway, after this issue, I was smitten & subscribed for myself & as a birthday gift for 'Sis'. I hope the next year of Mollie Makes is as good as their Xmas issue!

Thanks to this magazine, I have another addiction... Tone Finnanger's Tilda range! Mollie Makes had a few patterns of hers inside & I started with the teddy.
It is simple to put together & makes up so beautifully! The plan was to make 4... my two nieces, our god-daughter & Luise next door. But after the 1st one, I was hooked...



Huge says it looks like a teddybears' picnic in my workroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment