Friday, 9 March 2012

Making a Schnullerband

Today I am trying a new idea I had for a Schnullerband - otherwise known as a dummy chain.
I had an idea to top the dummy chain with a stuffed animal in miniature - or an animal head.


My 1st idea is an owl.  


Over to my wonderful Generations software to design the face...

Now stitch out in small hoop ...


Draw owl shape around this face with dissolving ink 
Cut him out on a fold so you have two sides (front & back)


Stitch around all the sides, leaving a gap between his wings.
Stuff your little owl with a small amount of baby friendly stuffing - I bought this at Karstadt - the packaging says it is approved for baby items.
Cut your ribbon  40cm long, place both ends in gap you have left.  Stitch opening closed with small stitches, going over the stitches a few times.
Add your clip to the ribbon & stitch down again, securing the clip to the owl in such a way that the owl will cover the clip once it is attached to baby's clothing.

Thread ribbon loop through dummy ring.

Ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment