Sunday, 17 June 2012

Dressed!

Bought this gorgeous online pattern from Monkeysbug:
(use the link & have a look at all the great patterns!!!!)






It is a PDF Pattern & instructions are really easy to follow (with pictures).
The pattern included sizes: age 2 to age 9-10

You could easily add the ruffle down the front like Angel (from TaDa Creations) added to these dresses:

Photo from http://tadacreations.blogspot.de

Click here
She even added a step by step tutorial to show you how to do it!!

I also LOVE the way she used a different fabric front & back of some of her dresses.

Here is the 1st Monkeysbug dress I have made:


I am a bit of a NANA!  I had Eda (our god-daughter) here 10 minutes ago... I should have got the little q-t-pie to model it!!

I am just adding the finishing touches to my second dress with this pattern & I would make the following recommendation:

 Once you have completed the 2 sleeves - ruffles, elastic & all & ironed them - cover the two rough edges with bias tape, folding in the ends for a neat finish.  Then when you add the sleeves to the dress, simply lay the dress sleeves (which have been double folded & hemmed) over the bias, completely covering it.  Then simply stitch flat.  
This gives a very neat finish to the sleeves.

From behind:  here you see the bias covered seam


And here you can see what I mean about top stitching it on:


No comments:

Post a Comment