Monday, 30 July 2012

Emma Hardy Making Children's Clothing

Have a look at the book here - it is GREAT!!  You can also get it in German at Volksfaden.

Here is the 2nd pattern: Baby Bib


And here it is:

This side is one of my favorite fabrics - Riley Blake Fly a Kite October Afternoon.  Their is something retro-cool and simple about it.  Unfortunately this was my very last piece, so I could not centre the little girl on the swing - isn't she lovely!
Fabric from Volksfaden (again!! - I cannot resist their fabrics)

 And the reverse is practical, absorbent, toweling!
With a pear  :)

I am not a huge velcro fan... it sticks to everything in the wash.  So I switched the velcro suggested in the pattern for those wonderful poppers I got from Stoklasa and covered the popper with a pretty covered button just for fun.

3rd Pattern:




A sunhat!
Very much needed in Berlin at the minute!
 I made the bigger size (3-5 yrs) but it is just shy of fitting me.



Not too easy to see a hat on a headless Schneiderpuppe - what is the english word? Dress form?

Here it is on me:


Spot Sophia there?


It is a pretty cool, completely reversible hat!

Will have to make myself one for holiday!!