Monday, 9 July 2012

Nappy / diaper pouch (or Cosmetic bag)

I am busy making a nappy pouch for a friend (Leni's mom - you can see Leni's other stuff here, here and here) and have been trying out a new design for it.

It has to be big enough to fit a small pile of disposable nappies (diapers) and the zip must open the bag wide enough to enable one handed nappy extraction when required.  If you have ever been surprised by the contents of a nappy, you know just what I am referring to 

Starting point:  knowing the dimensions of a nappy - which seems to be impossible to find online, so I hauled my long suffering neighbor from her prone position to hand one of her daughter's nappy over the balcony! Thanks Frauke, you are a saint for putting up with me!

Here is the finished bag.  It would also work perfectly as a cosmetic bag.





Want to know how to make one?
I will be posting a pattern & tutorial shortly (watch this space...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment