Friday, 11 January 2013

Handmade Fabric Placemats

After switching service providers (hoping for better service) the new provider messed up & we have been offline for over a week!  GGGGGGRRRRRR

A true case of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' - golly I am reliant on Fritz working & working hard at that!  (Fritz is what we call a DSL modem in German, I kid you not!)

Anyway, I am back online & back at my sewing machine after the holidays & have been working on my Feb BIWC sewing class - Placemats!!

This Winter has been unusual for Berlin.  We have had hardly any snow & it has been GREY!  Grey like the UK grey!  And who wants to live in that?!?  Today there is a dusting of snow on the ground & the sun is out in full force again.  Happy Days!

To brighten up the dull Winter, I decided nice, sunny placemats were just the thing to sew in February, and here is my sample one:


Seeing as Feb 14th is Valentines, what about a placemat with hearts on linen, or monogrammed 'his & hers' ones?

The possibilities are endless, just look at some of the ideas I pinned on my placemats Pinterest Board here

Plastic covered placemats with the binding made of oilcloth would be a good idea for kid's placemats!

I will add a tutorial after the class.

Happy stitching!!







No comments:

Post a Comment