Thursday, 28 February 2013

Keeping your machine clean

Today I performed a very necessary task that I am always on at the ladies in my sewing classes to get down to.  I got out the screwdriver, the vacuum & good ol' Google & I cleaned my machines - overlocker too, and I realize I have been a little remiss lately.  As I use my machines daily, I probably should be doing this every few weeks, not every few months!

I found this lovely website for cleaning and oiling my wonderful overlocker - pictures & all!

Cleaning the bottom of the machine
DSCF3323.JPG

Photo from website mentioned

I had never removed the bottom of my overlocker to clean that out, and you could tell as much when I did!!  Oh brother, I uncovered an army of fabric-dust mice under there.


Whatever brand of machine you have, chances are there will be a guide online on how to clean and oil it, you may even be lucky & find a YouTube video for your specific machine, but here is a good one for general machine cleaning.
There are many parts to this - be sure to watch them all.

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5


Go on, get cleaning!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment