Friday, 5 April 2013

Butterick B5608

I made a couple of tops using Butterick's B5608 pattern.  It is a really simple pattern, and comes together in no time at all.  I used silky, soft fabric with a nice drape.  I made view C.



The first top,  I made exactly as instructed.

The second I deviated.  Instead of making the small facing pieces (no matter which interfacing I use it has a rather stiff feel to it when I made the top this way) I cut & prepared two back & two front pieces & then stitched them together 1st at the shoulder, then neckline, then stitched each top's side seams.  I finished the armholes off with bias tape (I made using my 25mm bias maker).

I am much happier with the 2nd top!

 Don't mind the purple construction lines - they wash out easily!







No comments:

Post a Comment