Sunday, 7 April 2013

Simplicity Pattern 7433 (Deutsch) or 2642 (Eng)

I cannot wait for long Summer days - no more dressing in LAYERS and LAYERS just to pop across the road!  No more winter boots!  No more scarves / hats / gloves!  Roll on SUNSHINE!

In preparation I am sewing summer clothing - okay, I am soooooo sick of winter wear, this has been the longest cold spell I have ever lived through!

This is the pattern I used:



I made view E but added the tie from view C
I left off the pockets as the seam is down the middle of each leg & I didn't think pockets placed here were a good plan!

Kudos to Simplicity though... I accidentally bought a pattern with only German instructions & was worried about this - my bad German may not stretch to sewing instructions - so I emailed them & asked for the English instructions.  About an hour later, there they were in my inbox!  
What great service!



The halter neck didn't work out - the cross over of the pieces was insufficient & it gaped open, so I made the halter top into straps which worked just fine!  I have read on other blogs that this is a problem with the pattern.  It does however change a sexy dress into a pretty dress, so it depends on what you were after.  I think I would alter the pattern a bit, make the cross over greater and change the angle of the cross over quite a bit.  It would then work as a halter neck dress.

All in all though, I am happy with it.  I now need to find a co ordinating fabric to make the final tier for the dress to get it to the floor (at the moment it goes to just below the knee).

I suspect the top would fit better with a seam down the bust instead of simply gathers at the base of the bust.

I have ordered this pattern (from Oz! - it is out of print):

As I think the skirt is nicer - the Simplicy one does look a little maternity dress(ish).




No comments:

Post a Comment