Friday, 3 May 2013

Summer Shorts for Girls

I am so in love with the Elegance & Elephants Bubble Pocket Shorts pattern!  I saw a sewn pair of the classic style on FaceBook & knew I just HAD to make some!!  The pattern is easy to follow, with clear, concise instructions and plenty of photos to guide you along.  It goes together perfectly & turns out beautifully!

Photo from Elegance & Elephants:
Link to pattern here

I especially LOVE the fact that measurements are given in both inches & cms.  Growing up in South Africa in the 80s I have NO CLUE how inches work!  So was VERY happy to see everything in meters & centimeters too.  A really nice touch!

Here is the first pair I made for Grace
(I made age 5/6 & will have to wait for the shorts to arrive in the UK & my little niece to try them on before I can get back to you on the sizing)

My buttons are purely decorative - underneath are poppers - easier for little kids

Grace will adore the pockets!!

Well done Heidi, this is a wonderful pattern!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these turned out great, Di! Love the fabric...those colours are beautiful and what fun buttons!

    ReplyDelete